Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Activities

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is already over. Christmas is just a month away! We are starting our advent activities this week but before I post about those here are some of the things we did to get ready for Thanksgiving:

I made these turkey cupcakes for a playgroup


Madeline practiced her scissor skills on a turkey


Owen made his own thankful Turkey


his finished turkey



Madeline's thankful turkey




I am working on their advent calendar. We are starting a new tradition this year. I am making the advent calendar I found here at Maya*Made (mine is slightly altered) and will fill it with a activity for each day (and idea I got from Chasing Cheerios) as well as two hershey kisses (one for each kid!). We will start on Tuesday but here are some of the activities I am including:
find our Christmas tree:
breakfast with Santa
Gingerbread house
hand and foot reindeer
milkbox gingerbread house playgroup
making cookies
marshmallow snowmen
felt gingerbread man activity
cotton ball snowmen
There are more, and I will try and post pictures as we go along!

2 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

What great turkey activities...the turkey cupcakes turned out super cute! I love all of your activities for the advent calendar. I might have to borrow a few ideas like the gumdrop tree and Santa handprint. I'm also curious about the hand and foot reindeer.

Liz at Sugarplum Creations is having everyone link up their Christmas advent activities each week if you wanted to share what you have created. Can't wait to get inspired by others!

mindy2780 said...

The hand and food reinder is really simple. You trace two handprints for the antlers and a foot print for the head. Glue together and decorate. Another spin which I may try this year is using paint to make the hand and foot prints.
Thanks for the info about Liz!