Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Potty training set back

My favorite topic of late is potty training. Well actually it is my least favorite topic but it seems to come up in EVERY conversation I have with a mom. Possibly becuase many of the moms I know have children between the ages of 18 months and 3 1/2 and are attempting the potty training. And most of us hit roadblocks.
If you are reading this and your child trained at 18 months or younger, or never gave you trouble when you started the potty training don't tell me. At least not today.
Becuase we have had ANOTHER set back. Big rugrat would not poop on the toilet. She has been wearing big girl pants since late February, but she once a day needs her diaper to poop. I stopped giving her diapers, and hold off until nap time. FINALLY last week we had a break through. Then Jon and I went away for part of the weekend. And we had set backs.
Monday we got back on track. Tuesday she just didn't poop period. Wednesday was a great day, Thursday was as well. Today again this afternoon.
Then we put her to bed in her diaper. 20 minutes later she knocks on the door and says she needs a new diaper. She pooped.
So we take away the special My Little Pony she gets for pooping on the potty. And I am frusterated.
I try not to be, but it's hard. I want to know what will work. And I know the answer is time. But I am getting tired of giving it time. Taking away diapers seems to be the only solution but she can't go overnight without them. The other night we didn't put one one her until she was asleep. I guess tomorrow night we will be back to that.
Ah, the joys of parenthood!

No comments: