Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

A not so good mommy

This has turned into one of those days. The kind where even though I have spent nearly every waking minute with my children I don't feel like I have really spent time with them. It is more of they play while I clean. They watch tv while I get the grocery list together. Owen plays while I do preschool stuff with Madeline (who really wanted no part in those activities today). They play while I try not to throw up (first trimester fun). They spent time in the playroom while I balanced the checkbook. We went grocery shopping but Madeline went into the daycare while I shopped (yes, free daycare in my grocery store for 3 and up. I love it!)

Now they are asleep. And when they wake up I will be at work. I won't be home to tuck them in. I will see them again awake in the morning. Which with the way I feel about how today has gone is kind of depressing.

It hasn't been a yelling day. Which I suppose is a plus. It just feels like a not so good mommy day. One of the ones where I feel like I am not doing my "job" as a stay at home mom and not being the greatest mom to my kids.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: