Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

It is Monday again. This is going to be a crazy busy week. Easter weekend is coming and we have lots of plans with friends who are in town and to top it off I am cooking Easter dinner. I needed to spend most of my grocery budget on Easter dinner this week so we are eating out of the pantry to help keep the budget somewaht stable.
Here is the planned (but of course not set in stone) menu for the week:

Monday- leftovers for everyone. If there aren't leftovesr Jon will make keilbasa for the kids and I will eat a sandwich or salad at work.

Tuesday- brinner- scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon (make the whole lb and save half for Thursday), sliced strawberries (great sale at Stop and Shop this week!) homemade blueberry muffins and homemade chocolate chip muffins. We didn't get to it this past week or the week before so it will be on the list this week.

Wednesday- chicken quarters on the grill, rice and vegetables. I was digging through my freezer to fit new things in and found these. I LOVE chicken on the grill and the weather is getting nicer around here so we will get to have it more often.

Thursday- Blts for Jon and I (leftover bacon from Tuesday) and chicken nuggets and applesauce for the kids.

Friday- meatball sub casserole and salad. I found this new recipe in one of my magazines and it looks really good. If it comes out good I will share the recipe.

Saturday- Jon and I are going out with friends, the kids will have grilled cheese and carrot sticks

Sunday- Easter dinner. I am making a spiral ham, mashed potatoes, and a strawbery and banana trifle for dessert. My mom is bringing green bean casserole and my grandma is bringing rolls. I bought an almost 10 lb ham in hopes of having lots of leftovers for the following week!

Visit I'm An Organizing Junkie for more menus!

No comments: