Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Menu Plan

I didn't post our menu plan last week. It was that kind of weekend. We did make a menu plan but we didn't stick to it. My mother in law visited and filled our freezer as she likes to do. And she brought red meat which Jon loves. So he ate steak one night while we had leftovers and another night I made sausage and pasta instead of brinner. We didn't spend any extra and actually had a low budget week (even before I knew my mother in law was visiting) which is good since it makes up for my BJ's run two weeks ago!
This coming week Jon is on vacation from work, Madeline has no school and I only work one day. I filled the plan with easy meals that feed all of us, rather than a Jon and kids meal while I eat leftovers!

Breakfasts:
cereal
toast and fruit
english muffins

Lunches- alll served with fruit or vegetable (sometimes both)
english muffin pizzas
macaroni and cheese
peanut butter and jelly
grilled cheese
bologna and cheese sandwiches

Dinner:
Monday-Chicken quesadillas using leftover chicken from my crockpot chicken last week and corn

Tuesday- grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup and baby carrots with dip

Wednesday- brinner. I usually make scrambled eggs, breakfast sausages and either pancakes, french toast or waffles and serve it with fruit

Thursday- sloppy joes, corn

Friday- pasta and sausage, green beans

Saturday- homemade calzones. I make 5- 3 are pepperoni and cheese for Jon and the kids, and I fill 2 with veggies for me (1 for dinner and 1 for lunch later on)

Sunday- Oven fried chicken

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organzing Junkie

No comments: