Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Something that I started awhile ago is planning my meals each week.  I learned about it from the many blogs I read and I will admit it has helped me in many ways.  I am able to reduce my grocery bill by simply making my meal plans around the sales each week as well as what I have in stock in my house.  I also avoid going back to the store multiple times by planning what I need for the entire week before leaving my house.  And I am able to try to match up coupons with the sales in order to save even more money (although I know I can do better with that than I currently am).

Right now things are a little different than they were before Wyatt was born.  About two months ago two of my VERY good friends came over and helped me cook and fill my freezer with meals for after Wyatt was born.  It was a fun afternoon and very productive as well.  And as a result I am able to avoid meal preperation several nights a week.  Which, when nursing a newborn, makes things much easier and less stressful.  And we don't need to rely on take out or pre-packaged meals from the grocery store.

On the menu for this week:

Breakfasts:
English muffins
Yogurt
Fresh fruit
Cereal

Lunches:
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Ham and cheese sandwiches
Chicken nuggets
Macaroni and cheese
Grilled cheese
Fresh fruit
Baby Carrots
String Cheese

Dinners:
Baked ziti (from the freezer)
Hamburgers and hot dogs ( a summer weekly staple)
Sweet and sour chicken in the crockpot (from the freezer)
Nachos ( a weekly request by Jon)
Breakfast for dinner (with waffles from the freezer)
Chicken patty sandwiches
Leftover night
*Dinners with be served with vegetables from our CSA share which we pick up on Tuesday*

Linking up with I'm An Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Stopping by from OrgJunkie. Thanks for posting. I love the idea of a weekly nacho dinner.:-)