Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Its Almost Official

I am going to New Orleans next month.
Jon thinks I should go, actually it was his suggestion. He wants me to do something for myself and take some time for myself. I have a good friend who lives down there who I will be staying with.
I say almost official becuase I have not bought my tickets yet. The dates are picked. I just need two or three things before I can finalize-
1. Jon needs to call his parents and see if they can watch the kids while he brings me to the airport. Becuase of cheaper airfares I will be flying out of Boston and we are going to stay with his folks the night before I leave since they live about 1 1/2 hours closer to Boston than we do. If his parents can wathc the kids I can take a morning flight much easier.
2. I need to double check the dates with my friend.
3. I need to get over the guilt of leaving my babies for a few days.

The thing I am actually worried about most is that little rugrat will wean if I go away. He is down to nightime only nursings now and I really cherish that half hour of the day. I nursed big rugrat until she was 18 months and I really thought the same would happen with little rugrat. But he is 14 1/2 months and down to one time a day. Jon says he will give him a bottle for the few nights that I am gone and he thinks O will want to nurse when I get back, but I don't know. I know he is old enough and it is going to happen soon anyway, I just don't know if I want him to wean because I go away for a few days.

But other than that I am SUPER excited to be going.

No comments: