Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Friend Making Mondays


Thanks Amber for hosting Friend Makin Mondays!


1. Do you cook every night?I try to cook most nights. Now it is not cordon bleu style. We have at least one night of open the freezer and grab something easy, but it is cooked at home!

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why? All Free and Clear. I have sensitive skin and I also don't like to seperate baby clothes when I have them.

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time? I usually pick one day and just go at it all day long. It ends up being 4 to 5 loads.

4. How often do you eat out per week? Not all that often. A few times a month, usually closer to 1 or 2 times.

5. Where do you usually eat out? Friendly's most often. Sometimes Red Robin, McDonalds or Subway.

6. What is your favorite retail store? Target

7. What's your favorite thing to drink? Pepsi, pepsi and more pepsi

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind? Not unless I am pregnant. So not right now!

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do? 90-95% depending on the day

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc} Not yet. We are working with Madeline to clean her dishes from the table and also to put her clothes in the hamper at night. She does pick up her toys most of the time as well.

11. Do you go to church? On and off over the last five years. I am trying to make it a commitment again and have been going regularly for the past month and a half.


12. Do you have a housework schedule? I have tried in the past but it doesn't really work for me. I clean each day and try to do certain things weekly- bathroom, mopping, windows. I do laundyr one day a week. And I try to only do one heavy cleaning project a day. I do vacuum and sweep every to every other day.

13. Do you keep a working budget? We have a basic budget which we are pretty good about sticking to. If we were better we would be able to save more.

14. What do you do at night as a family? When Jon gets home he plays with the kids until dinner. We eat dinner together and most nights take a walk afterwards. Then Jon gives them a bath and we watch tv and read books before bedtime.

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week? I look at my calendar and try to figure out what needs to be done along with the plans I have previously made. Then I try to make some osrt of schedule. I need to get better about this since I will be doing lessons with Madeline during the week along with our other plans.

16. What do your mornings look like? Not too bad. Jon is up and gone before I get up. I get up, take a shower and get dressed. Then Madeline and Owen get up when they get up =) I will wake them up by 7:30 of they are not already awake. We eat breakfast, then I get them dressed. Most mornings we then play, take a walk and watch tv before heading off somewhere.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings? 6 or 6:30 am.

18. What time do you go to bed at night? 9:30 or 10 most nights, sometimes earlier.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc} I have a file next to myu computer that I place all bills in. On the days taht Jon gets payed I take out the bills, put them in order of due date and then pay them. I use Quicken which I have set up to remind me of certain bills- two are automatic withdrawls and the money NEEDS to be there for them. I bounce about a check a year, which isn't to bad. Since I started using quicken to remind me of bills I haven't bounced a check.
Magazines Ir ead and thenn recycle. I rip out pages that I like but get rid of the rest.
We don't have schoolwork yet.
And ads and stuff I recycle immediatly if we aren't going to use them.

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc} We have a calendar in the kitchen that I write everything on. Jon and I have an agreement that if it is not on the calendar it doesn't exist. We check it before making plans. I also have a planned that I use for Tupperware parties. I am planning on getting another planned to use with Madeline's schoolwork but I haven't figured out what will work best for me yet.

That's me!

1 comment:

2Wired2Tired said...

I love Friendly's! I always forget about it, but it's such a great kid friendly place with decent food and amazing desserts!