Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Me Edition



This week the question is:

What is your biggest obstacle right now? How are you making plans to overcome/push forward?

I have two obstacles. 1 is eating right and the other is finding time to exercise and eat right. I guess it is actually 1 major obstacle since they really do overlap.

To eat right I need to plan MY meals better. I plan well for the kids and Jon but I don't plan well for me. With breakfast I often have a banana or a granola bar and the do not eat again until lunch. At lunch I sometimes eat a frozen meal (lean cuisine or smart ones when they are on sale) or leftovers if they are in the fridge or I snack through the afternoon. At dinner I eat well if I make a family meal or if I am at work (because I pre-plan and pack my dinner). My eating habits stem from time. I just don't want to spend the extra time finding something healthy for myself.

What I need to do is start pre-planning everything. I schedule time for the kids' playgroups, swim lessons, meals, naps, Jon's stuff that needs to get done. I even plan my chores in so that they get done. I don't plan in time for my meals. When I get me time I am most often found on the computer (like right now) or watching tv or paying the bills.

My goal is to make food to have around for my lunch. When it is easy I eat it. The problem is making sure that there is something easy and healthy lying around here. With the time problem I also need to schedule in time for my exercise. I have not done a dvd in over a week. I have walked several times in the last few days and plan to go again this afternoon. I am cancelling my gym membership becuase it is a waste of money and I really don't want to go. But the upside is that Jon has almost a month of the school year done which means I can start planning morning walks for me alone (no stopping to pick leaves for the kids or pick up a dropped toy or sippy cup) and I get maybe even jog a little (that is a goal, we will see).

Visit Amber for more EM:ME

No comments: