Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Waiting Game

I hate waiting. I really do. I am horrible when it gets close to the holidays or a birthday or a vacation and I start getting really excited. You'd think I would be used to waiting since I spend much of my life doing just that. As is the case when you have a three year old and a one year old who both like to be independent.
Jon and I have officially started trying for another baby. This is the first month.
I tested the other day and got a negative. Okay so it was the day I was due to start. But I remind you that I hate waiting.
I am okay with it. Sad yes. But okay. It is weird for me because I got pregnant on the first try with both M and O. I was very lucky in both cases, a little surprised the first time, but still very lucky! I am not 25 anymore and I just went off birth control so that will effect this try I assume.
But now I am three days late.
I am getting ready to test again wondering if maybe I tested to early? I also used a dollar store test and have never done that before.
I would be ecstatic to be pregnant (scared and ecstatic). And I am okay if it takes another month or two.
But honestly, could I just get the official sign that I am not or get a positive in the test already?
Yes I am impatient. But I told you, I hate waiting.

*Update* It is official I am not pregnant. I am sadder than I had expected. I tried to prepare myself, but this is the first time it hasn't happened right when I wanted. Do I sound whiny and ungrateful or what? Anyway, the bright spot is I know we can start trying again!

No comments: