Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I had my second doctor's appointment today. I can't believe it has been another month already. As of this Friday I will officially be in my second trimester. Bring on the energy!

My mother in law watched the kids so I could go alone today. I tried to get Jon to take part of the morning off and go with me after last's month stressful appointment. Even though I know in my heart that everything is okay (the growing belly helps me to know as well), I will still afriad to go today. But everything is going well. The appointment which lasted all of ten minutes (not a lot of questions to ask the third time around) had only one flaw. When my doctor went to find the heartbeat the little stinker was hiding. So she called for the portable ultrasound machine. And just as it arrived she found the heartbeat. On the very rightest side he/she could be on. I will say that those two minutes of looking were a long two minutes (especiallyafter last month's experience). My theory is that this kid is really going to keep me on my toes!

Thankfully I am pretty much eating normally again. I gained 1 of the 5 pounds that I lost back. So I am going in the right direction. It is so nice to have an appetite again. The gestational diabetes are being monitored and I am already giving up some of my favorite foods (good by ice cream and cookies...see you in June) and getting used to eating three small meals and three small snacks every day. Making sure I eat every two hours is realy important to keep my blood sugar levels normal. It is time to say good bye to normal clothes and hello to maternity again. Thank goodness for larger winter clothes, I was able to hold out this long!

It was a good start to the week!

1 comment:

2Wired2Tired said...

Congrats! How exciting. I'm really glad you are feeling better.