Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Well due to a snowstorm that never happened and going to visit the in law's this weekend AND Jon bringing home some really yummy leftovers from his work lunch party my dinner plan from last week was rearranged and replanned again. Oh well, better to have meals planned that I don't get to then to have to run to the store for items that I don't have becuase I didn't plan well, right? Plus it means this week will be (hopefully) a small grocery bill.

Monday- dinner out for Jon and I (late Valentine's Day!) and macaroni and cheese for Madeline and Owen. Friends are coming to watch the kids so our babysitters are FREE!

Tuesday- Chicken quesadillas. I have a late afternoon meeting so Jon will start dinner before I get home.

Wednesday- Homemade vegetable pizza

Thursday- I have work and will eat leftovers, Jon is going to visit friends in Boston so he will eat with them. The kids have a babysitter and will eat chicken nuggets, fruit and vegetables

Friday- Baked ziti (make two, one to eat and one to freeze) and vegetables

Saturday- breakfast for dinner- scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, waffles and bacon and fruit slices

Sunday- crockpot rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies - I will use the leftover chicken for pot pies next week as well as some homemade chicken noodle soup



I am fully on my gd diet so planning dinners is changing a little in order to control my blood sugar. I still make the things that my family loves, but throw in a lot more protein and vegetables so that I can still enjoy them. Only 19 more weeks to go!


For more menu plans visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm always on the lookout for yummy menu choices. We're still having to watch our pennies.