Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

After a crazy busy weekend I can't believe it is finally Monday. And yes I said finally Monday! This weekend was really great but super busy (Nephew's 1st Communion and Brother in Law's 40 surprise birthday party on Saturday and Father in Law's birthday brunch on Sunday) and I am glad that it is over so I can relax. Driving to visit Jon's family while I am 29 weeks pregnant is not comfortable. I came home Sunday with swollen hands and feet from being in the car for so long. It was great to see everyone but this is our last trip out there until a while after the baby is born.
We did a really great job of sticking to our meal plan last week. Wednesday I did not get to making the baked and cheese with ham so that will appear on this week's menu. Instead I pulled meatballs out of the freezer and made pasta and sauce with them instead. It didn't change my budget for groceries for the week since I used things I had on hand.

Monday- leftovers. We have quite a few in the fridge and it needs to be cleaned out before stuff starts to go bad.

Tuesday- emepenadas and salad

Wednesday- baked mac and cheese with ham and broccoli (make two batches and freeze one)

Thursday- fish sticks and vegetables for the kids. Jon and I will take tuna sandwiches to work/class

Friday- hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill

Saturday- Pasta with no cook sauce and homemade rolls (make a double batch of rolls and freeze half)

Sunday- freezer dinner. I am not sure what I will pull out of the freezer yet, I will decide the morning what I feel like eating. I have about 6 meals in the freezer.

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organzing Junkie

1 comment:

O said...

Sounds like a yummy week. I'm in a broccoli-cheese-ham mood, so that mac and cheese sounds GREAT!