Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

It is April vacation and Jon is home for the week. Hurray! yes my schedule and daily life will be completley off this week BUT! this means that some work will get down for #3's arrival at the end of June. In addition we are going to have Madeline and Owen's pictures done (I tried to do this on my own a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't successful to put it mildly). Plus I get to take some much needed Melinda time- in the form of a maternity massage this Friday. Friends got me a gift certificate for one back in February for my birthday and I am just now finding the time to use it. And we end the week on Saturday with Madeline and Owen's birthday party.
We are going to do our best to stick to a regular meal plan so we don't blow our food budget. Plus a little bit of planning is necessary to keep me sane.

Our dinners:

Monday- Brinner: sausage, scrambled eggs, homemade muffins (due to Patriots day in MA I have the night off from work and can enjoy a vacation day with Jon)

Tuesday- Pizza braid: last time we tried this it ended up being regular pizza because I ddi not have enough time to make the required dough and ended up using my usual recipe (which doesn't roll or braid well!). I am planning on stuffing it with mozzerella cheese, pasta sauce, peppers, onions, pepperoni and mushrooms.

Wednesday- Keilbasa on the grill, rice and mixed vegetables

Thursday- chicken nuggets and carrots for Madeline and Owen while Jon and I eat leftovers at work/class

Friday- Honey Mustard chicken thighs with roasted potatoes. This is a recipe I found in a Rachel Ray magazine a few years ago. I really like it even though I don't make it often.

Saturday- Grinders, fruit platter, chips and cookies for dessert at the kids' birthday party

Sunday- pasta with sausage and green beans

For more menu ideas visit I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments: