Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Last week we really didn't stick to our meal plan at all. I changed things around but I didn't need to go to the store for any extra ingredients so I was able to still stick to my budget. Being in my last trimester makes me a picky eater always so cooking becomes a problem. Added to that we had a few changes in schedule that didn't allow time for the planned meals. But between leftovers and freezer meals we were fine!

This week we are going to try harder to stick to our plan.

Monday- kielbasa on the grill, vegetables and rice. Jon will cook for the kids and save me some for when I get home from work.

Tuesday- chicken bake and steamed carrots- chicken and cream of chicken soup topped with stuffing.

Wednesday- homemade sausage and mushroom calzones with green beans.

Thursday-mac and cheese for Jon (his class is over so he is home) and the kids, leftovers for me at work

Friday- spaghetti and meatballs (Madeline's current favorite) and salad

Saturday- Dinner out for Jon and I, it is our 6th anniversary. Thanks to a good friend who is babysitting as a favor we are going to go somewhere a little nicer than we usually do! the kids will have grilled cheese, vegetables and strawberries for dinner.

Sunday- Mothers Day. Possibly going over to my mom's and then having cake a ice cream for Owen's birthday. If we eat at home it will probably be brinner with waffles from the freezer. strawberries (buy 1 get 2 free this week) and scrambled eggs

Visit I'm An Organzing Junkie for more meal plan ideas!

2 comments:

Keli said...

wow, b1g2 free strawberries? awesome! my kids would be in heaven! LOL Your menu sounds great! Happy Anniversay to you and your hubby.

If you have time, stop by my blog to check out my meal plan and giveaway! I'm giving away a set of Easy Lunch Boxes.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Tell Madeline that spaghetti and meatballs are my favorite too!

Have a great week and Happy Anniversary!

Mrs. H

http://sherry-startingoverat40.blogspot.com/