Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just Done

I am done. It needs to be the end of June now.

My pregnancy has not been awful, just long. I am so tired. My feet are swollen every day. I can't wear my wedding or engagement rings right now and I hate that! I have to watch everything I eat to make sure my blood sugars don't get too high. My back hurts. My hips hurt. I have heartburn from everything I eat. I am tired. I can't sleep well. It is hot and I have very little patience with my poor children. I feel like I cannot make plans for anything because I could have the baby now or three weeks from now.

Okay, I think I got it all out.

I feel a little bit better now. But I am seriously ready for the end of June. My doctor offered to induce me at 39 weeks, which would bring my due date to June 19 instead of June 25, due to my gestational diabetes. I don't really want to be induced, it is a personal preference. She is okay with that as long as the baby doesn't get to be too big. Right now they are thinking I will have a baby that is about 8 lbs 8 oz if I go full term. Well Owen was 8 lbs 2 oz so I can't see why an 8 lb 8 oz baby would surprise anyone! It doesn't scare me to have a "big" baby since mboth my deliveries have been fairly easy. I don't think anyone would worry about the size if it weren't for my gestational diabetes.

If this little one decides that he or she is ready to be born early I am fine with that. I hit 37 weeks tomorrow so anytime now is okay with me!

Jon's birthday is the 16th so I am concentrating on that for now.

No comments: