Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I am back! Kind of...
Ben is now 12 days old and we are settling into life as a family of five. The transition went better then I could ever had hoped, Madeline and Owen are in love with their baby and Jon has been home full time since Ben was born which has been amazing. Usually I am ready for him to go back to work after about three days off, but this time I love having him home! He is going back to work part time this week (teaching summer school for the next 5 weeks) and I will be on my own with three kids- I am only mildly terrified about this!
In order to get myself back into a schedule of sorts I am back to planning my menus again. This past week we just made do with what was in the house. A good friend's mom sent over dinner one night, Jon's mom left the fixings for dinner when she was visiting for one night and we went to two cookouts so I only had to figure out dinner for three nights. This week I am back to figuring out dinner for seven nights, as well as breakfasts and lunches. At least Ben is easy!

Breakfasts:
granola and milk
cereal and fruit
yogurt and fruit
english muffins

Lunch:
peanut butter and jelly
macaroni and cheese
fish sticks
chicken nuggets
grilled cheese
hot dogs

Dinner:
Monday- sloppy joes and corn on the cob

Tuesday: pizza braid and carrot sticks

Wednesday: meatball subs and mixed vegetables

Thursday- macaroni and cheese from the freezer, hot dogs, and broccoli

Friday- loaded chicken nachos

Saturday- A birthday party for my friend's daughter who is turning 1 and then a bbq while we watch the fireworks. I'm bringing Pizza Dippin' Strips (I make my own pizza dough)

Sunday- hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, corn on the cob

And the best part is since Ben was born I can eat a normal diet again, no more gestational diabetes!!!

For more menu ideas visit I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments: