Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm Still Here

I knew life would be busy with three kids. But I was not aware how busy it would be. Most days I blink my eyes and it is late afternoon. I consider myself lucky if I get a shower and eat my own breakfast by 10 am. Benjamin is doing great, he is almost 9 pounds at three weeks and is such an easy baby. But balancing him and the other two is crazy. Plus Jon is taking a class this week and next so he leaves at 6:30 am for work and gets home at 6 at night from class. After having him home for two full weeks while we adjusted to life with three was great, but I definatly lived in a bubble that week.

To top it all off we are in the middle of a heat wave here. I am not ready to take all three out often yet but I miss going to spray parks in heat like this. But with Madeline going through her "I'm not listening stage" and Owen just being a typical two year old going out is not easy. We will get there eventually, but for now we stay close to home and try to stay busy and cool. The library is still one of our favorite free, air conditioned places to visit and we go there each week. We also try to go to the park each week and Jon takes the kids swimming almost every night at a local beach. I want to visit the children's museum but I think we will wait another week or two to do that. I am brave but not that brave. We are also working on crossing things off on our summer bucket list and I will update that list soon.

How are you all staying cool?

1 comment:

Danielle @ We Have It All said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day... I came to visit & I am your newest follower now :) You have a beautiful family... and congrats on your new little guy! I definatley know how busy life can be when the new one comes along, haha!