Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Letters of Intent

I am linking up with Foursons Letters of Intent Fridays!





Dear Summer,

Where did you go? It seems you just started and already you are over. I was sleep deprived through most of you. I will not miss the 90+ humid days, but I will miss being able to go swimming!

-Melinda



* * * * * * * * *



Dear Lady at the museum,

Next time your daughter runs into someone, twice, could you stop her and have her apologize? Or maybe apologize yourself. I know it is a children's museum, but I think I am still entitled to take up some space. You watched her bump into me, and I know mistakes happen, but I would have made my children apologize to anyone they ran into.

-the Irritated lady



* * * * * * * * * *



Dear Hospital,
I appreciate the care you gave Benjamin and I during our two day stay, but I have some issues with the bill. Namely the $20 fee associated with each blood sugar check you did on Benjamin. $20 seems a little insane for a 30 second procedure. I am glad you wanted to make sure that his blood sugar was not effected (or is it affected?) by my gestational diabetes, and that you need four checks to ensure this. BUT I don't think you are charging this correctly. I did the procedure on myself four times a day for about 5 months and I can tell you it does not cost $20 each time. I am not sure what you did that was so different that cost so much more.
If I have another child I will check their blood sugar on my own and save myself $80 if you don't mind.
-the irritated new mommy


As you can see I used my letters to vent a little this week!

1 comment:

Foursons said...

I miss summer too. It just doesn't last long enough!

If my child would have run into somone- an adult OR child- I would have told them to apologize or apologized for them. Great manners she's teaching her child.

$20 for a blood sugar check? Ummm...yeah, I don't think so. I'm calling BS on that one.

Thanks for linking up!