Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Thank you for the kind and supporting words. I am still struggling but I have spent a lot of time re-evaluating what is important and what I need to let go of, at least for the time being. Madeline and I are adjusting to preschool although I do still think about homeschooling. I am readjusting to being at work two nights a week and having Jon at class one night a week. Life it hectic but it works for us! I am going to try to find time for my blog again because I like it, but my posts my be sporadic at times.

I am still menu planning- it is the only way I can keep my grocery store trips down to once a week and keep us on a budget! I am going through some of my old bookmarked recipes from last winter to use again. I love fall, it makes me want to cook much more often! I live in New England and when the temperature drops my urge to cook goes up. I found a few recipes I never got to try last winter and am throwing a couple of them into next week's line up.

Monday- Pasta with spaghetti sauce from the freezer.

Tuesday- Jon is on his own, I leave for work right after I get Owen down for a nap and there is no time to prepare anything!

Wednesday- Nachos (tostito chips are on sale this week!) with ground turkey and veggies

Thursday- Make your own pizza (last time I had extra dough so I cooked it and froze it. Now I don't have to make dough!) I have found my kids will eat pretty much anything on a pizza if they put it there themselves!

Friday- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken (I plan to make a double batch to throw in the freezer for nights that I work) Jon likes anything with buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce in it.

Saturday- tuscana soup (a teacher Jon works with gave him a bunch of kale) this is a copycat of Olive Garden's soup. I haven't tried this recipe but I love to eat it at Olive Garden so I have high hopes. We are going apple picking with friends and I think soup is the perfect dinner.

Sunday- Brinner- french toast, scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit.

Vist I'm An Organizing Junkie for more meal ideas

No comments: