Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

November starts next week. Where is fall going? It feels like just yesterday I was getting Madeline ready for her first day of school and Jon was starting his new job. It has been almost two months since that day. Ben is now four months old. My niece was born two weeks ago. I have started Christmas shopping already. Time is flying.

As time is going by quickly I realize that I do not focus on the positive often enough. I am not a negative person, but I don't give thanks for what I have as often as I should. I don't just stop and think about all the things (and not just material things) I have to be thankful for. I know that this is the time of year when people do start to think about what they are thankful for with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner and that is part of the reason this has been on my mind. But I want to work on thinking about the good things more often, and trying to concentrate on the happiness in my life rather than what I can do to fix the less happy things.

I saw many bloggers last year working finding things to be thankful for every day in November. I don't know if who is doing that this year (although I am sure many are!) but I am joining in on it. I will be writing at least one thing that I am thankful for each day. And I am challenging myself to think of something new each day for the month of November. I am sure I can think of 30 things that I am thankful for, and I am sure there are more than 30!

I will start posting what I am thankful for on Monday. Will you join me?

No comments: