Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

With our crazy schedule these days meal planning is helping to save what is left of my sanity. Jon works mOnday-Friday days, I work Monday and Tuesday night, Jon has class on Thursday night, Madeline has school two days a week. Add into that family time, playgroups, errands and other daily things and you are left with little extra time. By planning my meals (and I am getting better about planning lunches as well) I am able to get through the week with only one trip to the grocery stores (I do shop at two or three, but I do it in one afternoon).

This week's plan:
Breakfast is always cereal, bagels, english muffins or yogurt and served with fruit.


Lunches-I don't plan specific days for these, I just keep fixings for several different types of lunch in my kitchen. I also serve fruit and vegetables with lunch:
grilled cheese
salami and cheese sandwiches
peanut butter and jelly (Owen's current favorite)
macaroni and cheese (we love Annies brand)
chicken nuggets
chicken noodle soup
harboiled eggs, sausage links and fruit

Monday- leftovers or hot dogs. I am making sausage potato soup for Jon and I (I will eat mine at work) but the kids won't like it. The soup was a big hit last time I made it, it makes a lot but freezes very well!

Tuesday- Rigatoni with sausage and kale. I got this recipe at wieght watchers last week and can't wait to try it. I'll cook it in the morning, take my share to work and leave the rest for JOn to heat up at dinner time.

Wednesday- we are having Chinese food at my grandparents house

Thursday- Grilled cheese or english muffin pizzas. Jon will be at school so I'll let the kids pick. I have the fixings for both on hand.

Friday- crockpot rotisserie chicken. A family favorite that I have not made since last winter!

Saturday- chicken tacos (using leftover from Friday night)

Sunday- chicken pot pie (using leftover chicken from Friday)

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

No comments: