Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday...umm make that Tuesday

The weekend got away from me! We were crazy busy this past weekend and before I knew it the clock said 9 on Sunday night and I was tired and going to bed. There was no time to write my menu plan for the week but I did make one!
This week we are using up leftover chicken and other items in the fridge before they go bad. I HATE throwing away unused food. It honestly hurts me to do it. I feel like I am throwing money in the trash (and I basically am!) So this week I am aiming to use all perishable items in my fridge before they turn.

Monday- sausage and kale soup (using up sausage and kale)

Tuesday- crockpot barbeque chicken (using up leftover chicken from a roaster I made)

Wednesday- fajitas (using more of the leftover chicken!)

Thursday- lasagna. I am making several of these, one to eat that night, one for my brother and his girlfriend who recently had a baby girl and one or two for my freezer.

Friday- chicken soup (do you see a theme this week?)

Saturday- homemade make your own pizza with whatever toppings are in the refrigerator

Sunday- breakfast for dinner

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

No comments: