Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

For the past few years I have participated in a cookie swap at Christmas. It looks like this will be the first year I won't in but I am still baking up tons of cookies.
One year during the cookie swap one of the women made the BEST cookies I have had in a long time. She very kindly shared her recipe. They are super easy to make and everytime I make them I get compliments. I tend to eat at least half the batch on my own so I try to only make them once a year.

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups of flour
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 can of chocolate frosting (I used milk chocolate)
18 marshmallows cut in half
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup crisco or other shortening
1 egg
1/4 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
1. Mix all dry ingredients, except sugar.
2. Mix sugar and crisco until smooth. Add egg, vanilla and milk. Mix well.
3. Add flour mixture and mix.
4. Place spoonfuls on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Do NOT overbake.
5. Place 1/2 of a marshmallow cut side down on each cookie. Press lightly. Bake 2 minutes longer.
6. Cool on wire rack then frost.



I made two recipes (these and peanut butter blossoms) yesterday and plan to make some sugar cookies with Madeline and Owen later this week. I love any excuse to bake and homemade goodies make for a great gift. I put together three small boxes of cookies and fudge for my coworkers.

Enjoy baking!

No comments: