Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Letters of Intent

Dear Madeline's Music Teacher,
You are a brave soul with so much patience! The Christmas concert was beautiful last night. We did not stay for the entire thing because I do not have as much patience as is necessary to listen to over 200 kids under the age of 12 sing Christmas music for more than 1 hour. But the preschool class was adorable in the beginning. Thank you for your time, patience, and skills to work with these children!
-a greatful parent




*******************

Dear preschool teacher,
I know my daughter. And I know while there are times she won't do certain things, it isn't becuase she can't. She is just stubborn. Between her father and I there was no way she would not be stubborn. But when you write me notes, please use the word wouldn't instead of couldn't. By telling my my daughter couldn't write circles and lines (when she has MANY times in the past) I begin to wonder if you know my daughter. I know there is a very good chance she wouldn't write them when asked because she didn't want to, and maybe she said she couldn't. But you have seen her papers over the past few months and you should know what she can and cannot do.
Maybe it was just a poor choice of words and I am being over-analytic about it, but in the future could you choose your words more carefully? Thank you!
-a concerned parent



*********************

Dear Owen,
You did a GREAT job behaving at the mall yesterday! I was able to get my shopping done without spending time chasing you all over the place. I am so proud of you!
love,
Mama



visit Foursons for more letters of intent

4 comments:

Foursons said...

I don't blame you for skipping out on the program after your daughter was done singing. I always did the same thing too.

Nolan's pre-school teacher last year drove me nuts with her "teaching." Why do they think they are smarter than us?

Glad you had a good tript to the mall!

Thanks for linking up!

Foursons said...

tript=trip.

sorry.

SuperMom Blues said...

I've had the same problems with Emily's teachers in the past - none of them realized she was a whole lot smarter than she was pretending to be!! Until this year, however. Her teacher is amazing. She really seems to "get" her. I would love to clone her, really!!

Following you from Foursons today!

Unknown said...

Visiting from Foursons today!

Your kiddos are just precious. We have had the same issue with our oldest kid this year - only it was the doctors telling us something we knew was wrong. Keep at it momma - you know them best!