I was wandering through some new blogs and found one that I really like, Living Better One Day at a Time. The title of her blog says it all! One post she wrote was about her resolutions from last year. Reading it made me want to dig out my old resolutions and see how well I did. You can read my post here, but to summarize, my goals for 2010 were:
1. control my gestational diabetes through diet and semi-regular walks and hopefully avoid glyburide this time around
-I was not able to avoid glyburide. I tried exercise but the medication was needed. I did continue to eat a healthy diet but in the end the health of my baby and myself was the most important thing! And I realized it was NOT my fault.
2. find a hobby I really enjoy, learn it and then stick with it (I am famous for trying something and then not making time for it...). I like knitting and want to get better at it, I also want to learn how to sew and maybe even quilt...
- still searching on this one. I have three kids and not a lot of extra time so this may be an ongoing search for many years. At the moment I am trying to teach myself to crochet in hopes of making Madeline a blanket for her dolls (so she stops stealing my burp clothes which apparently are the perfect size). I did spend some time in my garden this summer but I don't know if I would call it a hobby.
3. work at my blog, get more followers and maybe even monetize it... (suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated!!)
-I have more followers, but have not monetized it yet. I have spurts of writing but I also slack off at times. Should I try this resolution again?
4. find a job teaching an education course at a community college in the fall (I love tutoring but I really miss teaching!)
-I have applied to several jobs teaching but I have not been offered one. There have been some changes at my current job and we are working to make more changes for next semester. My tutoring job is working though and I plan to return to it in January.
5. continue to work at being a good mom and wife
-this is ongoing. Some days I am more successful than others!
6. continue to raise happy and semi-normal kids =)
-this is a success!
7. learn more about vaccinations and make informed decisions based on the information
-I have done a LOT of reading and shared the information with Jon. I am much happier about the informed decisions Jon and I are making for all three of our children.
8. stick to at least one (hopefully more!) of my resolutions!
-I guess I managed to do this!
I guess it is time to start thinking about some new goals for 2011