Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

This is my last week off before I go back to work. I like my job but I love not needing to work for a few weeks. Life is less hectic with just those extra 12 hours a week.
Jon starts class this week so I am planning that Tuesdays (for the next few months) will be a very long day. He works and then has class, and won't get home until after the kids are in bed. Madeline has school on Tuesdays and I can't decide if that makes my long day easier (only two kids) or harder (juggling naps around picking her up).
We did a stock up run to BJ's this week. As a result my cupboards and fridge are full, but I went over budget this week. Next week I plan to shop the cabinets and freezer and buy only milk and produce. Between being under-budget last week and my plan to buy the bare minimum next week my monthly grocery bill should fit into the budget.

This week I am including my very un-creative lunch and breakfast schedule as well so you can see how I use my grocery budget.

Breakfast-
cold cereal (mostly different kinds of cheerios due to a sale this week)
oatmeal (I buy the plain oats and add in a little brown sugar and frozen blueberries per my kids' requests)
english muffins
hard boiled eggs
yogurt, fruit and granola

Lunch-all are seved with either baby carrots, craisins, applesauce or fruit slices
grilled cheese
peanut butter and jelly (Owen's obsession at the moment)
chicken nuggets (Madeline likes me to put them in her lunch for school as well.)
english muffin pizzas
lunchables
bologna and cheese sandwiches
cheese quesadillas


Dinners-

Monday: homemade calzones. I have not tried these before, but everyone loves pizza in my house so I think they will be safe.

Tuesday: fish sticks and corn for the kids. Jon has class, I will probably eat leftovers

Wednesday: Chicken, corn and blackbean quesadillas

Thursday: Pasta Fagioli. I haven't made this before but it looks good and I have all the ingredients in the house.

Friday: Pasta and meatballs

Saturday: Brinner (breakfast for dinner)- homemade waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit cocktail

Sunday: Chicken paremsian (from the freezer)

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organzing Junkie

No comments: