Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I have been neglecting my poor blog. I got very used to not writing during Lent while I tried to limit my computer time and now I just keep forgetting. There are lots of things I want to say and I need to make time for it and soon. So please stay with me, I am coming back to write!


This is my last week working at the college until the end of summer. This is good because now I will have more free time. This is not so good because I don't get paid during the summer. I am tutoring one night a week and I am looking to pick up one more evening of tutoring to make a little extra money, but it will not be as much as I make at the college since I will be working less hours. Jon and I are planning to sit down and talk about our budget very soon. We are okay, but we are not exactly on the same page and I want to change that now.


Since we will not have my salary from the college we really need to watch the budget for the summer. Recently I was able to cut my electric bill. I learned that my local company had electricity for a lower price per kilowatt hour than I was paying. I found by calling the company that I use that they also have the lower rate and were more than happy to switch me to this rate. 5 minutes of my time will be saving me between $15 and $20 a month! However I still really need to watch our budget and groceries are one place where I have been going a little high lately. I don't know why we have been spending more but we have. And I am on a mission to get my weekly budget to $80. I will be reporting my weekly list for the next month to keep myself on tract. I go shopping tomorrow so watch for my grocery post!

Here is this week's plan:

Monday- (my last day of my college job) hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill if it is nice. This is Jon's favorite meal and he wants to make it several times a week during the spring and summer. If it rains he will make the kids pasta.

Tuesday- It is Owen's third birthday so I am letting him pick. Since his favorite meal is peanut butter and jelly I have a suspicion that is what we will be eating. It is Jon's last night of class for the semester so we will celebrate Owen's birthday on Wednesday.

Wednesday- out to dinner, Owen's pick

Thursday- loaded nachos with chicken and veggies

Friday- meatball grinders

Saturday- grilled food- hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken thighs. We are having Owen's birthday party in the afternoon and Jon's family is staying for dinner due to the 2 hour drive to visit us.

Sunday- chicken quesadillas with homemade tortillas

For more menu ideas visit I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments: