Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

This week's shopping trip

I went to two grocery stores today with all three kids. Not the ideal way to go shopping, but it happens. One of the stores I go to has free in-store daycare, and they are awesome. My two older kids are old enough to go and this helped a lot. It still took me about an hour and a half to do all of my shopping and while alone it would have taken me 45 minutes, maybe less. But that is life with three kids sometimes!

At store 1 (the one with free daycare) I got:

6 packages of chicken thighs (they were buy 1 get 2 free)

6 packages of hot dogs (buy 1 get 2 free)

2 lbs of oranges

2 packages of English muffins (12 muffins in each)

6 loaves of bread (buy 1 get 2 free) for my freezer stash

2 bags of tortilla chips (buy 1 get 1 free)

2 packs of Hi C juice boxes (for Owen's birthday party)

2 packages of pepperoni (buy 1 get 1 free)

3 boxes of fish sticks (buy 1, get 2 free)

yo baby yogurt (free with coupon)

1/2 pound of turkey deli meat

1 gallon of milk

6 pack of Hershey bars (for s'mores)

marshmallows

twizzlers (my weak moment)

2 boxes of cake mix and 2 cans of frosting(again for Owen's party)

Before savings: 147.26

After savings the total cost was $67.20


The second store was a much smaller trip

2 pounds of grapes

2 half gallons of ice cream (Owen's birthday party)

1 package of balloons (birthday party again)

bananas

2- 24 packs of water

Before savings: $28.75

After savings: $19.72

My total for the week is: $86.92

I was $6.75 over budget. Considering that it includes the half of the food I need for Owen's birthday party (the rest is fruit that will come out of next week's budget) I am happy with it. Next week I will try harder to stay with my $80 a week budget.

No comments: