Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

There is nothing exciting going on here this week which made it easy to plan the meals. I have jury duty on Wednesday which makes Jon in charge of cooking. It is going to be a slightly painful day since Ben is still nursing twice a day and I highly doubt they will let me pump, but I may bring it and see what happens. I really think there should be a clause for breast feeding moms, or at least a rule that states they must provide adequate breaks for pumping, the same that most employers are required to do I believe (correct me if I am wrong, I haven't worked full time since Madeline was born). Anyway, they also don't seem to care that as a stay at home mom I need to find childcare and pay for it. There is no way out, I must go. The only blessing was that I could postpone for when Jon was home during the summer to ease the burden of finding someone to watch all three kids all day.

Wow, talk about getting off topic. Okay, back to the real reason I am writing- this week's menu. It is simple but we are trying a new meal from my $5 Mom cookbook. So far we have liked everything I have made from her cookbook and I expect this to be another success. I haven't planned the vegetables out past Monday as I don't know what we will get from our CSA share until Monday evening.

On this week's menu:

Monday- pasta and meatsauce with broccoli

Tuesday-Mexican chicken skillet (from $5 Mom)

Wednesday- hot dogs and hamburgers (weekly staple during the summer)

Thursday- meatball grinders (using hot dog rolls!)

Friday- leftovers

Saturday- homemade calzones

Sunday- grilled chicken thighs

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

Cooking with Cristin said...

we do hot dogs or hamburgers atleast once a weel this summer. and grilled corn on the cob!!
i know im late commenting but i would love if you visited my blog and checked out my Menu Plan
Have a great weekend!
From Cristin To Mommy