Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another Freebie

Going to the movies is becoming more and more expensive. In order to take my kids to the movies it would entail buying three tickets, four if Jon comes with us. I don't even want to calculate how much it would cost. And I won't buy snacks at the theater, we would bring in our own (shh!) but even without that extra cost it is expensive. So we don't go to the movies very often. In fact the last movie I saw was with Madeline when she was 3 (she is 5 now) and we went to see the Princess and the Frog for her first movie experience. It was a lot of fun and thankfully we had gift cards so it was also free!
But since then we haven't gone. Even Jon and I don't go alone, I figure we get so little time together the last thing I want to do is sit in a dark room where we cannot talk. So we wait for things to come to DVD and rent them from Redbox for $1. It is great!
But sometimes going to the movies is fun. And this summer we can go for free! And you can too if you live near a participating Rave theater. Rave theaters is back with their free summer movies. You can find more information at Rave Motion Pictures.
The movies are not new and they are shown early in the morning. But if you are simply looking for a cool place to sit with your kids and get that movie theater experience this is for you! the movies range between G and PG so make sure you look at it before taking your little ones. I am planning to take Madeline to see Beezus and Ramona if we are not in Maine that week (of course there may be a movie theater up there, who knows!). I figure if she doesn't like it (and she might not since it isn't a cartoon) we can leave and nothing is lost but the drive out there.
If you go which movie will you see?

No comments: