Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I love three day weekends. And I actually get to enjoy a day off of work because one of the nights I work is Monday and the college is closed on Monday holidays. Jon is also home since schools are closed. We are going pumpkin picking and out to lunch with some friends to enjoy the day off and the beautiful weather.

On the menu for the rest of the week:

Monday- chicken and rice with roasted kohlrabi

Tuesday- macaroni and cheese

Wednesday- fish sticks and french fries with carrots (from the garden)

Thursday- pasta and shrimp with green beans (I use chicken broth instead of white wine). I don't know if the kids will eat the shrimp but I know they will eat the pasta.

Friday- tacos or nachos (not sure yet)

Saturday- We are visiting Jon's family for (more) pumpkin picking and a picnic. I am making Halloween themed cake pops to share with everyone.

Sunday-Breakfast for dinner



Shrimp isn't something we eat very often due to the cost. It is expensive! But our grocery store is having a buy 1 bag, get 2 bags free sale this week. I am making room in our weekly budget to buy the shrimp and save it in the freezer for the occasional treat.

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

3 comments:

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

So jealous of all the pumpkin picking, we don't have that here where I live in texas. Your menu looks delicious too.

Amy said...

OK, so I had never heard of kohlrabi before... you taught me something today! :) I looked at the recipe and it looks like something I'd like to try if I find the kohlrabi in a store.

The schools here (southwestern Ohio) aren't off for Columbus Day. I thought it was a federal holiday, but I guess not.

My menu this week is all quick and easy stuff- it's posted HERE if you'd like to stop by.

mindy2780 said...

Amy- until this summer I had never heard for kohlrabi either! We joined a csa and that was one of the veggies we got. It is something I never would have bought in the store but it tastes great.
Jenna- we love pumpkin picking. I am in MA and it is a yearly tradition. Sometimes we even go twice.
Thanks for stopping by!