Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year Resolutions

Every year I try to make resolutions.  And most years I fail at sticking to them.  I think the reason for that is I choose things that I really want to happen, but these things are not often fitting to my current life.  For instance, I want to go to the gym or walk everyday.  But at this point in time, it just isn't feasible.  Or I want to have a super organized, super clean house every day of the week.  Again this isn't feasible for my life right now.
This year I am going to try again to make resolutions.  But I am going to make ones that can be realized in my life now.  Changes that are good not only for me, but for my family as well.  Let's face it, a stressed out mommy trying to have a perfectly organized house every day of the week is not what is good for my family.

So for 2013 my 5 resolutions are:
1. Get down to a healthy, manageable weight.  And stay there. 
2. Floss my teeth everyday. 
3. Exercise 3-4 times a week.
4. Drink more water.
5. Slow down.

I am going to try to do a check in each month with my resolutions and see if I can stick to them for the year.

No comments: