Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The little things

I am trying to work harder at being grateful for the little things. 

For instance one perk of being married to a teacher is that when the kids have a snow day Jon usually does as well.  So when the blizzard hit this past weekend he was home right along with us.  And this mama is not an outdoorsy girl.  I spend time outside with the kids in the nicer weather but as much as I like snow I prefer a glass window to be between us.  Lucky for the kids (and me!) Jon is the opposite.  He spent hours outside with the kids this weekend building snow forts and sledding.  All while I was tucked away warmly inside with whichever child was not feeling like being outside at the moment. 

Bliss.

I wanted to share pictures of the epic snow fort (as Jon calls it) that was built  (courtesy of the snow pile creating by my dad plowing the driveway) but Jon went and took the camera to school today.  And he didn't load the pictures from this weekend onto the computer before he left.  So you'll have to use your imaginations.

No comments: