Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Budget Check In

I have not done one of these in awhile. Today I went to the grocery store (me with two kids just getting over illnesses- great idea!). We surived with bribing-er I mean rewarding- big rugrat for good behavior. The store did not have any carriages available to set two kids in. So little rugrat (who is now to big for the snuggly) rides in front. And big rugrat walks. This can be dangerous.
The merry go round outside was the ticket to getting out without pulling my hair out.
Anyway Big Y had double dollar off coupons. I love using these for items I need as well as items that are treats. We did both. Tropicana orange juice was $1.99, I had a $1 coupon off of one, Double it and I got one 1/2 gallon of OJ free.
Then Keebler cookies (I don't usually buy these) were buy one get one free. I had another dollar off coupon that was doubled. Normally $3.99 a package, I got two boxes for $2.
Some other good deals:
Frigo string cheese was 4/$10. Normall $4.89, I got two for $5
Triscuits were on sale for $1.99
Big Y white (or wheat) soft tortilla were $1 for a pack of 10.

I splurged on my pepsi again, the 12 packs were 3/$11. I only bought one. I keep waiting for someone to have a good sale so I can stock up again. This is the ONE thing I must have each day. I don't drink coffee and this is my caffiene for the day.

Between two stores I spent about $70 this week. Over budget again. Maybe this is telling my I need to increase my budget? Or would that be the easy way out?

No comments: