Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dollar Store

I have been in the dollar store in the next town over once. I remember thinking that it was a good place to go, but have not returned.
Today I went over and wow! I love that store. Everything is $1 and they have a teaching section. I have decided to go through with homeschooling big rugrat in the fall and have been doing a lot of reading over the past few days. I had originally planned to get things going now since I am out of work for a few months, but I may wait until she would actually start school to do "formal," well as formals as you can get, homsechooling in the fall. I found ABC Jesus loves me, a website that has some great ideas! I don't know that I will follow a strict Christian curriculum but I love the way she has set hers up for three year olds. I have also found several other websites that I will be using as I build my curriculum.
Jon expressed his only big concern as big rugrat sees me as mom, not as a teacher that she would see in a classroom. I said I think that will be a small hurdle, getting her to do things she wouldn't necessarily choose to do. But that is something we go through on a daily basis since she is three. I think if I get a structured schedule to our day, and have certain times where we do "school" type activities and others where we do "play" type activities we will be alright. Plus I think learning honestly should be as fun as it can be and plan to make our lessons as interseting to her as I can.
So that is what is going on over here. In addition little rugrat will be 1! tomorrow. WOW! We are having his party next Saturday due to the fact he shares his day with Mother's day this year. That is what I will be working on this week. I also found some great goodie bag goodies in the dollar store for his party next weekend. I have a few more things to buy, as well as all the food I will need, but the budget for his party is looking pretty good. I will make his cake (always do), we are doing hot dogs and hamburgers, a salad and probably a watermelon. Juice, soda and water (from the tap) will pretty much round out the menu. Always fancy at our house!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: