Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Unplugged Project-Sun

The unplugged theme is sun. That is easy since we have been having a lot of sunny days this week. But yesterday we decided to make suncatchers.
To start I took a paper plate and cut the center out. Then I took contact paper and stuck it on. Big rugrat took mickey mouse confetti (left over from our honeymoon five years ago) and tissue paper and stuck it all over the paper. I took another sheet of contact paper and stuck it on top, pucnhed a hole in the paper and threaded some yarn through. big rugrat picked a window and we hung our suncatcher up. It came out really good!
When Jon got home he commented about the confetti. It has been sitting around for five years. Since it was from a lunch during our honeymoon (they decorated our table when they found out we had just gotten marriend) in disney world we don't want to throw it out. But waht do you do with confetti? So I am re-purposing it into some crafts with big rugrat.

One of these days I wil get some pictures up.

1 comment:

Bobbi & Noe said...

I love suncatchers! They are so fun for the kids to make! Good job~