Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Using my gym membership

One thing they say to do is only buy things you need right? Well I figure that includes a gym membership, which I do need. I have had one for about 2 years now and I have not used it in about 2 months.
I am a creature of habit. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It's good becuase when I get in a good habit I follow it. However, when I get in a bad habit I also follow it.
So for a few months I was going to the gym once or twice a week. Not great, but not all that awful. And then Christmas came. And afterwards I started going again. And then I changed jobs. So I went here and there when I stepped on the scale and got mad.
And suddenly it is May and I have not been in two months.
So yesterday I went.
At 5
am
What was I thinking? Well for anyone who is a morning person, you think I am normal. I am not not a morning person, I just don't believe that morning starts until about 6:30 or 7 am.
However when Jon is working from 6 am until 4 pm and gets home just before dinner my choices are limited. 5 am or 7 pm. 7 sucks. It just does since the place is PACKED and I have already eaten dinner and I am just tired. And I can come up with millions of reasons not to go at that time of day.
So I need to go before my day starts and I think of a million reasons why not to go.
And that brings us to 5
am
5 am
And I am going again tomorrow.
here is the reason- bathing suit season is coming. My sister in law had a baby 6 months ago and already has her pre-baby body back. I had a baby 1 year ago and am still about 20 pounds away from my ideal body, and about 10 pounds away from my realistic body (the one where I can still eat chocolate and ice cream if I exercise and be okay with how I look in a bathing suit). We are all going to Maine in July. If she looks better in a bathing suit than I do...well jealousy is a motivator right?
The other reason is that we are talking about baby #3. That means that I will get big. AGAIN. I don't mind being pregnant, I don't mind the belly bump (at least until I am about 2 weeks post-baby). But I do want to be at my best weight BEFORE I put on more.
And I am paying $20 a month for the membership. Use it or get rid of it right?
For those reasons, and the fact that I really should exercise because it is healthy I was at the gym yesterday.
At 5
am
And I will be there tomorrow
but not until 5:15 am
Yes, 15 minutes does make a difference at 5 in the morning.
Anyone want to join me?

No comments: