Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Unplugged Project- Homemade

This project (actually last week's project, I am just late posting) was something homemade. We do a lot of homemade cooking around here and this week we decided to make cookie dough. Big rugrat loves to make chocolate chip cookie dough, especially since her daddy taught her how to lick the beaters at the end (I know a big no-no with raw eggs, but it is something I have done since I was a kid).
So Friday when I ran out of refridgerated (homemade) cookie dough and it was rainy we decided to make some more.
First I got out all the ingredients (before telling big rugrat) to make sure I had everything I needed. I usually do, but every once in a while Jon cooks and forgets to tell me he used this or that up.
Then we started mixing. Big rugrat is a big help when it comes to dumping things into the mixing bowl. She wanted to crack the eggs, but I wasn't feeling that brave this particular day.
Little rugrat decided about halfway through that he was tired of pretending to cook with his bowl and spatula and climbed in the chair to help up. He and big rugrat were hysterical standing their together (I need to get one of those kitchen helpers for kids to stand in like I saw on chasing cheerios) and watching the mixer spin around and around.
Then we added chocolate chips in. Big rugrat and little rugrat both tried a few to make sure they tasted okay before we added them in. I also checked =)
Afterwards big rugrat licked the beater to help clean up. I cooked about 1 1/2 dozen cookies and then refridgerated the rest of the dough in one of my tupperware bowls. During the week I will pull out the dough and make 6 or 8 cookies each day for snacks. I love the smell of baking and this is an easy way to do it. Jon also eats spoonfuls of dough during the week, this is his favorite way to eat cookies. I am guilty of eating a spoonful as well, but I LOVE fresh out of the oven cookies even more.
We had a great time making cookies. It may become a bi-weekly activity. SOOOOOOO much cheaper than buying packages of cookies. And soooooo much more fun!

No comments: