Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Me Edition



This week Amber asked

What is one of your favorite dieting secrets?

My answer is- I wish I had a secret because maybe then I could lose more weight!
Honestly though, I am just trying to do things that I like. I find that if I force myself to do things that I do not want to do, or do too much at once, I burn out really quickly. Example: at the beginning of the summer I was going to the gym two to three times a week. However to do this I was getting up at 5 am or earlier. I am not a morning person but I thought if I got into the habit it would work. Well then I got sick of the elliptical and I don't want to use the treadmill since I would rather walk outside. So I slowly stopped going and now have not been in about a month. I am now thinking about dropping my membership because I never go.

I want to find exercise that I like. Walking with the kids is something I like. So I do it often. Being outside, around the nieghborhood is fun for me. Plus I can do it whenever I have time and energy.

I am not good with eating lunch and breakfast. Dinner I am fine becuase I make a meal for everyone. I have found that if I have healthy and convenient (emphasis on convenient) meals I am more likely to eat an actual lunch and not kid food or crackers.

I lost two pounds while in New Orleans and have gained back .5 of it. Owen weaned this past week so we will soon see if 5 of those pounds were due to his nursing or not. I will keep you posted on that one!

My continued goals:

1. drink water

2. walk as often as possible

3. dust off those dvds and get going with them already!

4. eat breakfast and lunch

5. eat more fruits and vegetables.

6. cut down on the ice cream (my biggest weakness!)


For more em:me go to Amber's blog. Thanks for hosting this Amber!!!

5 comments:

Kenlie said...

I'm with you on nt eating breakfast, but we have to do it. I've had so much success since I started eating well and exercising.

Some days I still have to literally force myself to eat a banana because I just can't stand the thought of food that early. LOL

Good luck on your journey...

Lerin said...

I struggle with eating breakfast and/or lunch everyday too!

april said...

Hey girl thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. You have a wonderful blog and I would have to say I find it so hard to eat breakfast and I seem to be a nibbler all day and then wanna pig out at night, def. not good

Ally Wasmund said...

Keep going and you'll get the hang of it and you'll find that drive that you've been looking for. Rock it girl!

Stopping over from EM:ME :)

Connie said...

Those are great tips!

Have a wonderful week!