Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday




I have not been putting up my menu plan lately because, well I haven't been that great about menu planning. And it is showing in the foods we are eating as well as in my grocery bills! I haven't hit the point where we are eating out yet, but it is coming if I don't get my act together soon.
So this week I am going to try and be better. I am back at work two nights a week, one night the kids are with a babysitter so meals need to be easy. The other night Jon is home and again the meals need tobe easy or planned. He will cook, he is just not good about planning and grabs whatever is easiest. In addition I am going to mom's night out on Friday! If I don't plan well the kids will eat chicken nuggets and fishsticks twice a week!

So here it is:


Sunday- pasta, meat sauce, green beans and italian bread

Monday- fishsticks, carrot sticks and grapes for the kids, pasta salad and leftovers for Jon and I

Tuesday- nachos- chicken, peppers, onions and cheese.

Wednesday- crockpot mac and cheese- I can start it before I leave and they can eat it when Jon gets home with little work! I can eat leftovers for lunch the next day.

Thursday- brinner- bacon, eggs, monkey bread, apple slices

Friday- kielbasa on the grill and corn for Jon and the kids, mom's night out for me

Saturday- chicken, shrimp and veggie stir fry

Sunday- ribs, rice and salad


I feel awful that for the second week in a row I am not going to be home for three dinners. Two can't be helped, I need to work. But this is the second week in a row I have taken an additional night out for myself. I don't normally do that. It is good for me to do it once in awhile, but I hate to do it too often.


My goal for this month is to make four freezer meals that can be taken out on nights when I am working. Between those a the crockpot I should be okay for at least a month.


Have a great week!


For more Menup Plan Monday visit I'm An Organizing Junkie!

No comments: