Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

My computer is back

I never realized just how dependent I am on my computer until this week. On Monday my computer died. It was a quick death with no warnings. In the afternoon it was working fine. When I got home from grocery shopping and went to update quicken with my purchases it would not start. I had never turned it off which was my first hint that something was wrong. But it would not start. I called my dad who took my computer the following day and has had it since. The thing is dead and he is restoring the programs to it but it will not be ready for a few more days. In the meantime we have dragged the old computer from the garage and set it up, but it took a few days to get everything straightened out and find all the components (my dad had takend the mouse and keyboard to the new computer and we needed to find those as well in our storage).

I had withdrawl symptoms from not being able to use my computer. It was wierd and a little scary as well. Even now I don't have everything I need. I was surprised at how much I needed/wanted to use my computer each day. And how stressed I was when realizing that this is a pay weekend which means a bill paying weekend for which I need my computer and my internet connection (quicken and online bill pay).

Anyway, even though I could not work on my blog I had a lot of time to think about it and where I want to go with it. The first thing I need to do is rename it. I just don't love the name. This is something I have been thinking about for awhile but I am really stuck on what to call it. I mean my life is living on 1 and 1/4 incomes, but that just isn't a good name. So one of my challenges is to rename.

The next is to follow the original reason I started this blog- to share how we do live on 1 and 1/4 incomes in a world where many people don't. But something Jon said to me today stuck. He said how proud he is that I stay home and we make it all work on his salary. The fact that he is proud really caught me. And it made me think. I am happy that I am able to stay home with my children. I feel our life is a lot less stressful in many ways becuase we are not rushing to get two adults and two children out the door by 8 am (or earlier) each day. And we do it with no debt which is something I am proud of.

In order to share how we live on our income I am going to devote one day a week to sharing different things that we do or don't do to save money. There are many blogs where people share money in many ways, but my blog is to share my methods so I am introducing my (as yet to be named) ideas each Tuesday. I do't know why I picked Tuesday, but it seems like a quiet day so I am going with it =) Stop by each Tuesday for a different tip/idea/suggestion/story on how we make it work on our budget. I will also share ideas that I have tried that have not worked for me, but work for others.

I am still working with Madeline on preschool and have not been updating that either. I am going to reserve Thursdays for these updates. If you are curious to what we are doing for our preschool work each week stop by and I will share ideas that I come up with as well as the wonderful websites and blogs that I find ideas on.

And lastly I love to do crafts with my kids. So each Friday I am going to share an easy and inexpensive craft that I have done with my two kids. Some of these are things I modify from other activities, some are ideas I find and some I actually do come up with on my own. I want to possibly do a Mr Linky for this day and invite others to share there craft ideas. This is another topic that is covered on other blogs, inlcuding the Crafty Crow who I LOVE, but I also want to share my ideas in my corner of the blogworld.


I know I am not being completely original, but I want to better organize my blogging. So stop by to see my work in progress!

No comments: