Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Last week I did not follow my menu plan well at all. For one, I planned food that I forgot to buy ingredients for. Don't you love when that happens? I would blame pregnancy brain except this happens even when I am not pregnant. Then I had planned breakfast for dinner for Sunday but my mom decided to host a brunch and as much as I love big breakfasts, I don't like it enough to eat it twice a day! Added to that Jon decided not to make mac and cheese the night I was at work and instead used the last of the hot dog and hamburger rolls (my back up for Sunday night) to make dinner on Thursday. In the end we did not buy anything extra but there were a few nights I was scrambling around trying to figure what I was going to cook! Thank goodness for stockpiling and freezer dinners.

This week we will try and do MUCH better. If I keep reaching into my stockpile and freezer I am going to need to replenish much sooner than I had planned.

Monday- leftovers for everyone (and my last night of work until September. Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE the college semester schedule?)

Tuesday- Chicken Broccoli Low Mein- a new recipe I found while recently. We are also having family over for cake and ice cream to celebrate Owen's birthday. My little man turns 2 on Monday.

Wednesday- ground turkey empanadas grande (a favorite of Jon's) with homemade salsa and guacamole. I make my own easy pie crust instead of buying refrigerated using a recipe from my Betters Homes and Gardens Cookbook.

Thursday- breakfast for dinner- homemade blueberry pancakes, eggs, sausage and fruit

Friday-hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill with salad

Saturday- sausage grinders with peppers and onions

Sunday- baked ziti with salad

For more menus visit I'm an Organiziong Junkie

No comments: