Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Years Resolutions

New Years is coming fast and it is always a time to make resolutions. In the past I made some unnattainable ones, and other times they have been plain silly. I want the ones I make this year to make sense, to be real goals.
So I have been thinking and thinking and these are my resolutions for the next year.

1. To make my lifetime goal weight of 118 by the end of January and stay there. I would love to weigh less, but I am reaching for achievable things here.

2. To work on being more patient. I don't know how to measure this one, but it is something I need to work on.

3. To slow down and pay attention more. I really try to do this, but I want to make more of an effort. Life goes by WAY to fast!

4. To declutter around the house. We have so much stuff and not enough place for it. The house is not getting any bigger so the stuff must get smaller.

5. To eat more fruits and veggies and drink more water.

6. To take more pictures of my kids.

7. To have a monthly date night with Jon, even if it is simply sitting up and watching a movie after the kids are in bed, or sitting by the firepit in the summer and having a drink together. Time just for us.

8. To go to church weekly.

9. To judge others less. I don't make judgements out loud, but making them to myself is bad enough.

10. Kiss Jon everyday.

11. To find a way to make an income without working outside the home. I don't know if this is possible but it is something I am going to give some time, thought and effort to.

What are your goals and resolutions for the New Year?

1 comment:

SuperMom Blues said...

I haven't made any yet - I'm really not sure WHAT I want to do, actually! LOL!!!

I like your aspiration to take more pictures of your kids and kiss your husband more. I need to do both of those myself!!