Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I start back to work this week. I will be at work two nights a week from 4 until 9. This means I won't be home for dinner and Jon will be responsible for cooking those nights. Jon can cook, he always tells me that at least. But he doesn't really like to cook just for the kids. So I either need to prepare a meal before leaving for work a little after 3 (it takes me between 35 and 45 minutes to get to work) or plan something easy like pasta or chicken nuggets. For my first week back I am sticking with easy meals for Jon to cook. Next week I may do a crockpot meal for them one night.


We had a last minute addition to one of our meals last week. Jon was home and I was in a baking mood and decided to make some bread for dinner. I found this recipe for cheesy garlic breadsticks. They were amazingly good. So good that I will only make a half recipe next time becuase I ate six of them in two days!


This week's menu plan:


Breakfasts: always served with fruit
muffins
toast with jelly
oatmeal with brown sugar and milk
cheerios
frozen waffles

Lunches: served with fruit or baby carrots
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
lunchables
hot dogs
grilled cheese
bologna and cheese sandwiches
chicken nuggets

Dinners:

Monday- pasta and baby carrots for Jon and the kids.

Tuesday- Grilled cheese and tuna melts and soup

Wednesday- chicken nuggets and vegetables for Jon and the kids

Thursday- Soft chicken tacos using this seasoning recipe I found and love

Friday- Breakfast for dinner- homemade waffles, scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage and fruit cocktail

Saturday- Homemade pizza

Sunday- Tilapia and fish sticks with broccoli




For more meal ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

4 comments:

Keli said...

I'm going to have to try those breadsticks!!

I wish my husband would eat easy meals like grilled cheese, or breakfast for dinner!! Sounds like you have a great week planned! Good luck with your first week back to work!

Thanks for linking to my taco seasoning.

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

SuperMom Blues said...

What are YOU eating on "Jon and the kids" nights?

Chanin said...

Your meals sound so similar to things we would eat at my house! We love Breakfast for Dinner!

mindy2780 said...

SuperMom- I was at work those nights and took leftovers one night and sandwiches the other. I only get 15 minutes to eat some nights so dinner needs to be quick and easy.
Keli- my husband loves your taco seasoning recipe!