Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Life is busy! I ended my college tutoring job for the summer, thinking everything would slow down. However late last week my other boss contacted me and offered me another student to tutor for the next month. They offered me two afternoons a week. Jon and I discussed it and decided that, even though we like the extra time together, the extra money will be helpful. The upside, besides the fact that I like working with the younger kids, is that I am only working 90 minutes each afternoon, instead of the 5 hour nights I work at the college. This means I am home for dinner every night! The commute is much shorter as well.

I had my week's menu all planned out before I got the call from work, so I had to tweak my meal plan. Here is what I ended up with:

Monday- hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill (this is a weekly staple over the summer) with corn on the cob

Tuesday- Slow cooker chicken fajitas from my $5 Mom cookbook

Wednesday- pasta with broccoli and chicken (another $5 mom recipe)

Thursday- leftovers (this worked out REALLY well last week!)

Friday- breakfast for dinner

Saturday- cookout at a friend's house. I am making cupcakes

Sunday- homemade calzones

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

Ask Ms Recipe said...

Hi,
You've got a great menu this week. I have to say the slow cooker fajitas is my favorite this week. Don't forget to add your link to my Marvelous Menu Meme Linky so I can come visit you too.
Nina