Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grocery bill- week #6

This week was way over budget. I spent about $12 more than I wanted to. I was under budget last week and hopefully will be under budget next week as well to make up for the over spending this week.
For my money this week I got:

Store #1:
4 12 packs of pepsi (on sale 4 for $10)
organic bananas
grapes
3 1/2 gallon containers of organic milk
apple juice
organic baby carrots
dish soap
dishwasher detergent
borax (for our ant issue)

Total before savings: $63.06
Total after savings: $45.12

Store $2:
5 lbs of hamburgers
1/2 lb deli sliced turkey
3/4 lb of american cheese
2 32 ounce containers of stonyfield yogurt
1 gallon of 1% milk
3 1/2 gallon containers of newman's own lemonade
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
pectin (for jam making)
1 box of 1/2 pint jars (for making jam)
4 cans of tuna
2 boxes of salmon burgers (buy 1 get 1 free)

Total before savings: $71.89
Total after savings: $51.93

My total spent was: $97.05

I know that the jars, pectin and soaps were what put me over. I needed them and I should have cut other things to make up the difference but I didn't. It helps to write it here though, it makes me more accountable. Next week I will work harder to stay on, or under, budget.

No comments: