Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A little quiet around here...

Okay, saying it has been a little quiet is an understatement. I think I can hear the crickets chirping on my blog! I have not had the desire to write on here lately and I am not sure what that means for the future of this blog.

It has been very busy around here and that is part of the reason I haven't had time to write or read blogs lately. Our house in back on the market and we are working very hard to get things done so hopefully someone will buy it. There have been several house projects that Jon has completed in the last week, and when he is doing that it is my job to keep the kids out from underfoot. I have been doing a lot of cleaning for showings. My house isn't normally dirty, but it isn't always company clean, so keeping it clean has become a priority. We found a house that we would love, in a town we would love, but in order to make an offer we must sell our house. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

In addition both Jon and Madeline are done with school for the summer. For Jon this is the first summer since before we were married that he has not worked. It means some changes for our budget, but not too many as we have been planning for this since he got the new teaching job back in September. It means that we are also adjusting to both being home all day, something that is usually only a week long occurrence a few times a year. I am happy to have him home during the day, and the kids are thrilled. It has meant a change to our schedule but we are finding our new rhythm.

I have been spending time in the garden and it is doing really well. The beans are flowering, my tomatoes are budding and I even have a few peppers growing. The zucchini plants are huge, but no flowers yet. My corn stalks (all 20 of them) are almost to my waist, which hopefully means we will get more than 1 teeny tiny ear of corn this year.

We have also been canning for the first time! Jon and I spent three evenings making strawberry jam and it came out great. We are looking forward to trying our hand at other vegetables and fruit as the summer progresses. I have also been freezing vegetables. Our beans are not in yet, but the pick your own beans at our csa farm are and I have frozen four pints in the past week for use in the winter.

That is my update. Life is very busy this blog is low on my priority list for the next few months. I will try to get on here and post my weekly menu and grocery budget, but I don't know how much more I will get to. I am going to take time to think about what I want to do with this blog and hopefully by the end of summer, if not sooner, I will know what I want to do. Please be patient with me!

No comments: