Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Happy 4th of July!

I am planning easy meals this week. It is HOT around here in July and I don't like cooking in my non-air conditioned house in the heat. I tried to plan some cooler meals, or things that can be cooked on the grill at least 5 of the 7 nights and this week I was successful. My freezer is almost empty of chicken and ground turkey (two of our dinner staples) so a run to the meat store is in order for next week. I will spend at least half of my weekly budget there, but I will also be stocked up for at least 2 months.

On the meal for this week:

Monday- grilled chicken thighs and kohlrabi (from the farmer's market)

Tuesday- hot dogs and hamburgers (we are having our new neighbors over for dinner to get to know them) with salad

Wednesday- pasta with sausage and fresh veggies

Thursday- breakfast for dinner- homemade waffles (if it isn't super hot), scrambled eggs,
sausage and peaches

Friday- homemade pepperoni pizza

Saturday- leftovers

Sunday- salmon burgers and fresh veggies (not sure what we will get at the farmer's market this week)

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

kim daniels said...

If you're stuck in a dinnertime rut and are battling runaway grocery bills, The Organized Cook will do the planning and organization for you to prepare healthy, delicious meals for your family while saving you lots of time and money; visit me at www.OrganizedCook.com.




Kim Daniels
Weekly Meal Plans