Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Happy 4th of July!

I am planning easy meals this week. It is HOT around here in July and I don't like cooking in my non-air conditioned house in the heat. I tried to plan some cooler meals, or things that can be cooked on the grill at least 5 of the 7 nights and this week I was successful. My freezer is almost empty of chicken and ground turkey (two of our dinner staples) so a run to the meat store is in order for next week. I will spend at least half of my weekly budget there, but I will also be stocked up for at least 2 months.

On the meal for this week:

Monday- grilled chicken thighs and kohlrabi (from the farmer's market)

Tuesday- hot dogs and hamburgers (we are having our new neighbors over for dinner to get to know them) with salad

Wednesday- pasta with sausage and fresh veggies

Thursday- breakfast for dinner- homemade waffles (if it isn't super hot), scrambled eggs,
sausage and peaches

Friday- homemade pepperoni pizza

Saturday- leftovers

Sunday- salmon burgers and fresh veggies (not sure what we will get at the farmer's market this week)

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

No comments: