Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Life is a roller coaster ride

Right now life is not going exactly the way I had hoped. Remember my last post about how things were looking so good? Things changed.

Madeline is going to public kindergarten this week. After long talks it was decided that she should go. I don't want to get into details about how the conversation went, but let's just leave it as this is not the way I wanted things to go and I am taking a wait and see attitude for the moment.

We did not get the house we want. Someone else bid the day before we did and the bid was accepted. Currently we have a backup bid in place in case things fall apart, but it looks like this is not our house.

Our current house is not selling. Our city made some changes in their foreclosure rules which make it harder for banks to foreclose on houses. I do not agree with these rules, but it was not put to a vote so I get no say (until it comes time to elect city council again). Because of these rules it is now even harder to get a mortgage to buy in this city. As a result selling our house became that much more difficult.

Life is a roller coaster ride, I know it. Currently we are in a slight down slope looking for the incline again. And I am hoping desperately that the ride stays quieter for the time being.

No comments: